02 September 2011

Which Style for Quote

I have been playing in the studio today with a quote that has been in my head for the last few days. 
"My boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places."
I have created several rough sketches but am having a hard time finding a layout 
that works for the way I feel about the quote. 

Which do you like?


Written with Dr. Martin's Bleedproof White and a ruling pen.




Created with Dr. Martin's Bleedproof White and ruling pen for the outline and filled in with watercolor.




Written with Dr. Martin's Bleedproof White and an Esterbrook 357.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jo - I have spent a while pondering your query...even tho I usually love the loose ruling pen; number one doesn't feel quite as right to me as the other two. The gradations of the colours works well in the second one - pleasant places seem so relaxing, and the gentleness of the third, and the horizontal layout also works for me. Which is unusual as I don't often go for that hand! The quote is beautiful and will work in any of the formats you choose I am sure. I love the reflected back look in all of them. Go well.

    ReplyDelete