30 April 2010

May Class in Reggie Ezell course

I have been working on my homework for the next class in Reggie Ezell's "Primitive to Modern" course. We were assigned several different tasks to choose from, one is to recreated a piece from the St. John's Bible and/or a small book on vellum. I have been working on a recreation of a piece created by Suzanne Moore in Deuteronomy of the St. John's Bible. Here are a couple of close ups.



Next, I am working on a small book. I am narrowing my design options and laying it out on paper first. I am on my second draft. The illustrative portion has been settled, the wording has been settled, now I need to decide on the look of the text. This is where I cannot seem to make a decision. The text needs a hand that is a little uncontrolled and urgent, which is out of my comfort zone. No photos have been taken so far but I will post some when the text has been settled upon.

1 comment: